Monday, May 18, 2009

Caution: Angry Bride Ahead

Wedding: Shades Crest Baptist Church
Reception: Hoover Country Club
May

So, I've decided Birmingham is the new Seattle, at least as far as rain is concerned. Personally, I'm not complaining too much because it's been great for my yard, my newly planted flowers, and most importantly, my water bill. But seriously, I'm beginning to feel the absence of natural Vitamin D from ZERO sun exposure!

On the flip side, the unexpected monsoon we've had lately (or any inclement weather for that matter), obviously, isn't ideal for a scheduled outdoor wedding as was last weekend's purposed wedding. However, the likely chance of rain wasn't necessarily the big issue that day BUT the fact that someone other than the B (not naming any names but it wasn't the innocent photographers) was consulted to make the decision to move the ceremony into the church sanctuary rather than the planned courtyard. EL PROBLEMO NUMERO UNO!

Now, it has come to my attention that no one...I repeat, NO ONE, make any drastic changes to a wedding WITHOUT TALKING TO THE BRIDE! Make a mental note, jot it down, stick it to your forehead, whatever you must do to remember this important piece of advice. Otherwise, may God be with you....and don't say I didn't warn you!

Fortunately, the storm (and I'm not referring to the weather) was short-lived and aside from the B commenting that the one thing that would make her feel better was that there would be a downfall at ceremony time, the indoor wedding turned out quite nice. Oh, and naturally, not a single drop of rain.

-the unofficial bride

No comments:

Post a Comment